Apr 6, 2008

A Day at the Park

Mont needed to go to the park today to check the water level in the water tank. He asked me if I wanted to go with him and hike up to the water tank and across Johnson Mesa. It sounded like a great adventure to me and it was a beautiful morning!

The picture below is climbing the hill to the water tank overlooking the housing area and the Visitor Center at the park. The next pictures are looking down into the Fremont River from Johnson Mesa.





As I was hiking along, I couldn't help but think about what a terrible pioneer I would have made. I couldn't help but think of that as I could see all the old remnants of what had to have been a very hard life. The fence made of rocks that went on for miles; ditches that were dug by hand; imagining trying to clear the land to be able to plant it.




We drove out to Sleeping Rainbow Ranch where Mont has a huge project going on. Utah Valley State College or I guess now it's Utah Valley University has an agreement with the Park to build a Field Study Station. This will be an outdoor classroom, so-to-speak. The buildings are awesome, with dorms and a main study hall / classrooms/ kitchen. Too bad they don't let you ride 4-wheelers down there!! We could have a great time!






The picture of Mont with this little tree is quite funny. Nothing like the Park Service. They are trying to establish a nursery near the Field Study Station. The trees got to the park and Mont had sat in on a meeting where they talked about getting the trees in the ground; they were ready to go. So he goes ahead, gets the trees planted and then holy cow! Let me just say, he wondered if he should have planted them!




So when he shared the story with me, I assumed they were HUGE trees. So when I saw this little stick, I couldn't help but LAUGH!!




When we got home, I was SO ready to take a nap. I was just settled on the couch when the phone rang. Mont said, "Come see our baby llama!" So last but not least here's a picture of our new baby! Mont thinks we should call her Toni! Clint says we should name her Tina, from Napoleon Dynamite. "Tina! You big fat lard! Come eat your food... gosh."



What do ya think?? LOL



2 comments:

123123 said...

I love the perty colors!!
I cant wait to see these pictures you speak of!!

Miss you!

123123 said...

I am so glad to have such a great family! It makes me sad that I have no relation with any of my other aunts or uncles. To have you care about me so much and show you love me means so much! Man I need to stop crying... it's so annoying!
I love you!!