Feb 16, 2009

Bucket List

So the bucket list quiz has been going about Facebook. I loved the Bucket List movie and it has made me stop and think about some of those things I'd like to do before I leave this earth. Who knows when that will be? I never thought I'd live to be 50 and here I am! SOoooooo...drum roll please...my bucket list!

Go Sky Diving! The thought of it scares the living daylights out of me, but yeah I want to try it!

Go to college. I don't know if I can do the math!

Visit Washington DC. Preferably in the springtime when the cherry blossoms are out.

Take all my children and grandchildren to Disneyland and watch the looks on the little one's faces. And while we're there, take them to the ocean so they can let the water chase them back to the safety of the beach. We'll find seashells and play in the water. Then, we'll all sit together for the moment when the sun drops into the sea. For me, that is the most incredible site!

I'm going to run a half marathon. I know that's a big stretch for me. My goal is a 5k in April and I haven't been in the gym much the last 2 1/2 weeks, but I'm going to do it!

Visit the places that have so much meaning to me in regards to my beliefs. Vermont, Upstate New York, Nauvoo..

Make a difference in the life of one person. Who that is is left to be seen.

I guess in most people's lives, these things have already been done and you're all wondering what the big deal is. But hey, it's my bucket, right? lol I'm sure the list will change as time goes by, but for now . . .

2 comments:

MeLiNdUh said...

Skydiving with me and Carlos this summer? I'm all for it! I'm counting you in! Love you!

Julie Harward said...

Hi..it'll be fun to chat with someone who loves grandkids as I do. It wonderful to be SO adored don't you think? I don't remember that my kids loved me AS MUCH as the grands. do! The Bucket list..I'll need to think about that one!