Feb 11, 2009

What A Week About A Month Ago!!


It has been such a busy month! I detest January and normally it crawls by. I have to admit the first week back to work did crawl. And then, the second week hit! I was involved in planning a retirement party for a great friend and co-worker who thought that maybe after 40 years of government service he should hang it up. It was pretty bitter sweet and it's weird as heck to go by his room in the Supervisor's Office and have the lights off and the walls are bare. His retirement is well earned. He has a great and supportive family and my best wishes are sent out to them all!

I worked in Richfield on Wednesday to get things ready for the retirement party then went to spend the night with Melsy in Provo so I could buy the groceries for the above mentioned party. My dr. called me and told me that he had forgot to call and remind me I needed to see him so I could get my prescriptions refilled. So I stopped and picked up Melinda and went on to Salt Lake to see my dr. who was so great to see me after hours. It was a great night! I finally got to meet Captain Carlos who treated us to dinner at Olive Garden. Thanks again, Carlos! It was awesome.

I picked up the groceries on Thursday and headed back to Richfield to get ready for the party. Friday morning I woke up at 3:15 a.m. Nervous about getting everything ready, I think! The party seemed to be a great success and Mont and I finlly fell into bed about 10:30 that night. Long day!! We spent the night in Richfield and I got up Saturday morning and headed back to Provo and the air from hell!

Melsy and I kept MaKenna and Madison so Marcie could have a weekend before our new little grandson arrives. I was hoping she would spend it just relaxing, but not my Marcie! She cleaned and cleaned and cleaned! The baby must be coming soon! lol

As for the girl party, can I just say we know how to party! We watched movies, popped popcorn, went shopping, ate painted toe nails, wrestled, colored, ate, made cookie, played playdough and ate some more. And might I add, I have the pinkest toenails (and toes) you could ever want! It was so much fun! Thanks Melsy for letting us trash your house!!

I'm SO looking forward to going to St George for Grayson's blessing. It seems like forever since I have seen them and not to mention the Dixie sunshine! My luck, it'll probably snow!

0 comments: